Monday, February 25, 2008

Keeping it all straight; need data file %-p

Last night and some this morning, I kept thinking ... go to my aol blog ... and add some things about eating right (for a Diabetic ... trying to lose weight and get the FBS at an acceptable level). Well, I went there a couple of time, between reading mail and other blogs ... and just could not find what I was looking for. DUH!!! Need my brain cleaned, especially memory area.
I started putting that stuff on this site ... so I can repost it on CCC when we get it up and running. NOW ... for the confession of the weekend.
I was doing fine; blood sugar just a little high (135 or less) for over 2 weeks now, and soooooo, decided to eat that half banana, a couple of the huge strawberries we bought during the week, and of course, that went into the bowl holding the 'no sugar added' butter/pecan ice cream. Then I remembered the 'light' cool whip and the choc shell ... going to waste on the table.
NOW ... the first mistake I made ... was to whip up this concoction; and second was eating it in the middle of the afternoon. But ... it was Sunday; my 'over eat' day so my body would not think it is in 'hibernation' and adjust my metabiliosm. Soooooooooo, this morning, my FBS was 215.
Ohhhhhhhe, my; ohe, my; Never ... in the 22 years of testing first thing in the morning ... did I have a reading like that. Soooooooooooo, gonna put that # on the fridge in large red letters ... and try to get my tired body and brain to stop looking for excuses ... and just 'git it done' as one of our grandsons like to say. DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

7 comments:

Leslie K. said...

HEY!
Ok, so today the blood sugar was high but I want you to remember that it also includes your overeat day and do not worry....you are doing well! I am so proud of you! Hang in there!

chimakuni said...

One reading - tomorrow will be better. I promise! It seems that it would be easy to not eat what we want...alas, it just ain't!

I overate this weekend - and so I am two pounds up - dang! I cried enough tears to drop at least five pounds, so I guess that I really gained seven...ha!

Keep on watching your food intake - I am struggling with you!

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Merci for all your loving and caring for me. Yes, this morning it was 166; and I really blew it at lunch on those hot dogs. No bread ... but tooooo many Fritos. Seems like HL and I cannot get enough food lately. He got a steroid shot; but I have no clue what is going on with me. I DO know ... that if you stop eating before you are full, you will be full in an hour or so. Just trying to keep that willpower cape on ... especially over my mouth and the part of my brain that needs help. DIEU TE BENISSE1!!

Christine said...

One day up and another day down. We are in the same pattern I think. Prayers going up.

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Well, it happened again. After a week of 'almost' good FBS (167 highest) ... this morning ... 135; but please do not praise me. If I gain one more pound, I will be back at my beginning weight of 12/27/07. This is a real disappointment. Sissy and HL said ... 'work on the FBS first; then the losing weight'. I think that would go hand in hand. Eat less ... from the Diabetes food lists ... and both my body weight and my FBS will go down. NOPE!!
And ... I am still shaking inside. Gonna try to get that straight first; and the tiredness ... and then work on the other things. Prayers needed and appreciated much (beaucoup et plus et plus) more and more.
DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

Unknown said...

Adam the Catholic Said:
When I was broken and lost I called out to the Lord. I said I'll serve you if you'll have a lowely sinner.


Micky Said:
My Dear Adam,
How were you broken & lost? Does serving the Lord, include, deleting my comments.

I imagine you are a CONTROL FREAK - you have a conscious fear of intimacy & an unconscious fear of abandonment.

I love (agape) you Adam! Do you love me?

I, MICKY AM THE TRUTH & BEAUTY THAT SURROUNDS THE LORD.

Esther said...

You take care of yourself, girl! Love you. :)