Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I DON WANNAAAAAA!!!

Did you happen to catch the EWTN mass yesterday? I watch it at 6pm (CDT) and do not get back on line after that. BUT ... a visiting priest ... Father John Kennedy (yep) from Austrialia was speaking of what happened when the Friar (probably Fr. Joseph) asked him to preach. It was at supper, day before yesterday ... and that meant 'I do not have time to write'... but after the first refusal ... he was asked again (coaxed, he said) and again he refused. He did not say how many times ... but over and over; and they even said 'Just think, your mom in Austrialia could see you and see you are fine and healthy'. Was that blackmail?? He was grinning.
I speak of this ... because so many of us, lately, have talked about our 'dark night of the soul' and how there are times when we just ... DO NOT ... want to pray. He was eloquent ... and sooooo convincing ... and I said 'ALLELUIA'.
His words were 'the more you do not want to do something that GOD wants you to do ... but you go on and do it ... the more meaning your suffering has'.
Our homily on Sunday was much the same; 'in GOD's own time; in GOD's own way'.
As Lee Anne said 'doing it GOD's way ... even when we think we know more than HE'.
Jesus said 'pray with a joyful heart' ... but that does not say that if you do not have a joyful heart ... your prayers are less effective. In fact as Fr. Kennedy said 'give until it hurts; as our Blessed Mother gave at the foot of the cross. She, for sure ... did not have a joyful heart at that time ... nor did she, most of her life, seeing as how she knew from the beginning ... what her precious SON would have to go through to save our souls.
Soooooooooo, DJ, Leslie, Esther, me and me and me ... pray anyway ... and reap the rewards for yourself ... and others (Love your neighbor). I am going to try to continue using an 'attitude of gratitude' in all my spiritual life ... and let GOD know (as if HE does not already) ... I am aiming for perfection ... knowing it will come ... in my next stage of life.
DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

10 comments:

Christine said...

Pray it again Sam...You are correct. Abba Father uses the broken and least of us to confound the wise.

Leslie K. said...

Well, like we all admit - we really have no choice. It really is His way or the Highway - the Highway to Hell....

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Ohe, Modesto Sissy; I had not thought of it that way. I will (and most of the time, have) waited for the LORD to bring it foward. Nothing is more important than giving GOD time to answer.
Fr. Kennedy was soooo gooood in his homily, I wish the world could have seen him. Merci to you, tooooooo ... mags for the good advise. DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

DJ said...

So beautifully written... A lot of the time we do what is easy and joyful. And it is good to do these things if they are not contrary to God's will, and especially to pray at these times, and give thanks. But it shows the mark of a true Christian if he or she is willing to continue on in times of pain and sorrow, continue on turning towards Our Father in Heaven, instead of abandoning Him for some other worldly comfort that as Leslie put, lies on that Highway...

A true inspiration. Thank you!

chimakuni said...

Love you Macile!!! How blessed I am to have you!

And, you with the links, you lady you!

Great post -

Esther said...

I love what a friend once said: we must cultivate "camel's knees" through prayer. (Have you ever seen a camel's knees? :) Thanks for the reminder that we must pray through those difficult times... Mary is such a wonderful example. Love, Esther

Unknown said...

Greetings Macile,
SAVED BY GRACE:
Over 3 years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell.

I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis (Family of Origin & EMDR), up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staffs were very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 2004, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little.

I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.”

I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically.


He's a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life to day - after a childhood spent in orphanages. God loves me so much. Fear, pain & guilt are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you (Luke 8: 16-17).

I, MICKY, AM THE HOLY ONE OF GOD.

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Mickey, how I wish you had left an email address ... so we could correspond. I myself went to an awful 3 years of despair. Mary, Undoer of Knots gets the credit ... of bring me and my problem to her SON, our Sweet Jesus. May HE and HIS Blessed Mother (under any name) be a constant companion for the rest of your life. Merci for the comment.
DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Esther, ma cherie; I came over here to thank you for your comment ... and to ask 'what do camel's knees look like'. I am thinking ... rough and budgeing .. in the middle of skinny legs ;-) A good way to wish that our knees would show the signs of us praying a lot ... on them. Merci, again, ma cherie. DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

Unknown said...

Dear Macile,
Thank you for your warm & loving comments.

whity98@yahoo.com

I, MICKY, AM ONE OF GOD'S MARVELOUS DEEDS THAT MAKES IT KNOWN TO ALL THE NATIONS.