Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another week; progress??? Ugh!!!

Yes, again; I am whining. Weighed today even though I 'snuck up on the scale yesterday' because I always weigh on Saturday. Another 3 pounds lost; but is that really progress ... after the way I have been nauseated all week. Yesterday, the vertigo was more worse than any other day this week. Soooooo crackers and milk and a boiled egg ... was the menu of the day. I made myself an scrambled eggbeater sandwich on raisin bread ... and just the smell of that bread ... led me to put it in a plastic ziploc bag and store in fridge.
Sooooooooo ... this morning ... decided to eat half of it. HL still wants to go eat at that 'Cajun buffet' ... and if I can stand up ... I will.
Sooooooooooo ... on with the day. A little housework ... turn on the washer ... get dressed ... and Ooooooooops!!! Rush back into the bathroom to upchuck. My stomach has been threatening to do that all week, but a cold wet rag on my neck had prevented it.
Now the question is ... DO I HAVE TO COUNT THAT HALF OF SANDWICH ... AS FOOD THAT I HAVE HAD TODAY??? AND WHAT ABOUT THE DRAMAMINE??? SHOULD I TAKE MORE???? NOPE, NOT GOING TO DO THAT.
So I sit here at this machine and am shaking inside and out. HL is back from Mass ... and freezing. %---{ Why run the central heat ... while he is gone, if I am overly warm?
The washer just finished the rinse spin ... but will wait a while before attempting to stand up. Now ... do not fret; as HL says 'get to the dr' ... and I remind him that I have been having vertigo since the late 60s; and no dr has ever prescribed anything except Antivert ... an expensive brand name chemical that translates to ... YEP; Dramamine.
Stay tuned for an update; and ... YA'LL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!!
DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Awe! I just hate it when your sick sissy. You hang in there and know I am praying for you.

Mag's

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me tooooo; but HL is a-gonna fix that. He is off to get some Cajun food. >>>And I just bought a book on 'getting rid of Vertigo' here on line. AND ... I already have several of the ingredients ... ginger root and Bcomples ... along with chamile tea. 5 more hours and off I go to bed, with an 'attitude of gratitude' to our Sweet Jesus ... knowing he will make me 'all better' so I can go to Mass in the morning. xxxxoooo

Leslie K. said...

You are in my 'let's all get well' prayers....you are one of my favorite cousins so TAKE CARE....
Love, Leslie

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess GOD has other plans. I even went back to bed after a small snack so I could take my meds. Slept about 2 hours; which did some good for the tiredness ... but am still some dizzy. NO WAY like yesterday; PRAISE THE LORD. And have kept my lunch down also. Enough left for a lumberjack to have a 'super' bowl of fried seafood. I am taking it slowly. xxxooo Merci for all the prayers.

DJ said...

Get well soon Nanny! I know all too well what the vertigo is like. It really knocks you out. Continually praying for you...

Luv ya lots,
DJ

Christine said...

I hope your feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

OK; so today is better than yesterday. But I am still turning around toooooo fast; thus, more Dramaine. ***BUT HL did cook lunch; well, the crabs. I put on the rice. Now I have a kitchen to clean while he plays in the beautiful Louisiana sunshine. Was winter, with a heavy frost when we got up. Now, is like a spring day ... and I am fresh out of pansy potted plants. Shucks!!! Maybe next week. We can plant them all through February. And the 'paper white' narcissis are in full bloom. DIEU TE BENISSE!!