Monday, October 29, 2007

Writers write when mood hits ;-)

And right now, I should (probably) doing some houseword; but ... with HL out of the house this morning, I got a lot more done than intended.
When he is in the living room, watching TV ... I stay pretty much in this computer room. And no, I have not moved many piles in the past 2 days. But I will get to it; really I will. Why, I have almost a half day left to today. ;-)
We are getting ready for a visit from CA of my sister's grandson. He has never been able to visit here before, so this is an exciting event for Sissy, Annie and me. And we will cram a lot into those 9 days; well, 8 days ... 'cause he is coming in way after dark on the 15th of Nov.
Have you been praying for our troops. With all that forest burning in CA ... and now, this morning, I saw some in Hawaii ... the war has not been as big a deal for the mainline media. But it is still going on; still killing; still trying to negotiate peace; still, still, still.
Now, do not put words in my mouth. I am not against fighting for freedom; but I am against all killing, even if it is a government. Yep, I am against the death penalty in all cases. I KNOW lots of folks would argue with me; but even ... for the senseless killing of police and fire men and women. I will not go into my reasoning on that ... but if you want to challenge me, go ahead .... but be ready for on heck of a debate. I did not intend to get into this when I started writing. >>>BUT WHILE YOU ARE PRAYING FOR OUR TROOPS ... PRAY FOR THE FIREFIGHTERS ALSO. It was awesome to see those 8 come out of those silver cocoons; and all survived. If only folks would get out when warned ... their jobs would be much easier.
Gonna shut up for now and go do some more standing work; my ice pack is getting warm ... so that is my clue to move around. DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

3 comments:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

Well, at least on myspace ... they let you read and edit. Found two mistakes in the first sentence, I think. >>> Like ... I should BE ... (probably) ... doing some ... houseworK ... yes, with a capital K. :-P

DJ said...

I am definitely looking forward to those eight days! A bit nervous about flying, but I always get that way. And I am always fine once i get on the plane and it is in the air. Because I know that it is in God's hands, and I should just enjoy the scenery... :)

My prayers are joined with yours and others for out troops and firefighters!

DJ said...

By the way, I definitely agree with the title! Sometimes, it just "haapens."

Love ya guys and God Bless.