Saturday, October 27, 2007

Is it really Saturday already again?

That is hard to believe; why, just yesterday ... we were leaving St. Charles Retreat Center after a rip-roaring time with Fr. Whitney, Gwen, almost 50 other guest ... and ... JESUS, JESUS, JESUS. What an awesome way to live. Soooooooooo close to the chapel and tabernacle and the Real Presence ... you can walk. >>>I should have been a nun.<<< ;-)
Well, I thought about it. But then ... along came HL. And those crystal blue eyes are still as clear as ever. It is everything else about him ... and me ... that has changed.
I have grown in my faith much and more since we met at that little country church. We saw each other for months before he spoke to me. He was going steady and I was 'playing the field' after the first love of my life (much older man) ran away and got married to a stranger. Well, stranger to me.
So here I set at this machine, pressing my head against a pillow ... 'cause I have vertigo today. And boy, did I have some cleaning plans. This room seems never to get it's share of the 'move around' from one pile to another. But ... before the dizzies moved in ... I did get some basic housework done; 3 sinks ... and the living room floor. %-P
Sooooooooo how was your week??? Actually ours was full of shrimp and crabs; and the best part of that ... was Sissy got to come over and help us eat them. HL headed and bagged shrimp on 3 separate days; with only one trip to the dr for a pain shot. Today he is peeling Sissy's pecans (on halves) because she cannot bend down nor crack them. Her back and hands hurt tooooo much. But HL has a pecan picker-upper (?? duh) and his hands are about the only thing on his body besides his nose that never hurts.
I have been hoping for some new folks to be requesting prayers ... so if you are a regular on cajunspray@aol.com ... or ... stjames224 ... please pass this around ... so we can get a reallllllllllllly large prayer chain going.
REMEMBER ... to pray for our troops every day; and for our government leaders, whether you approve of them or not (I get so frustrated with most of them) ... and for our religious leaders also. We pray that the war in Iraq and Afganistan end soon; and our troops can be in a safe zone; if they cannot come home.
Je t'aime and ... DIEU TE BENISSE!!! GOD BLESS!!! me

1 comment:

Leslie K. said...

I often wonder if my marriage to Fred would have survived all that I have gone through the past 20 years. What I do know is God always has His reasons and One Plan of Salvation - so we need to just repeat, over and over again, "Jesus, I trust in YOU".