Sunday, April 13, 2008

I AM SUCH A ... WEIRD ... COWARD

HL left just before the Mass came on EWTN. I thought; watch it and let it take you out of yourself and the 'why, me/us/our family' mode. Praying always helps. NOPE!
Ricki came back from surgery around 3 am; held back because a 13 year old had a farm accident and they were trying to save his arm. Pray for him and his family.
At 10:30 this morning, R was resting ... still knocked out ... so he could get some strength back into his tired body. And he will probably have to go on dialysis.
I just got off the phone with Trudy; he is resting, in isolation and wanting her beside him every time he wakes up. They cannot sedate him too much; his b/p falls too low. And we know what could happen. His dr give the worst case secernio because he says if he sugar-coats the facts and then the patient almost dies or does die ... the family is hurt worse. I believe that and so does Trudy. We want to know the worst that can happen ... and then pray for better outcome. As if GOD does not already know how we love Ricki and want him well and home.
So Mama (me) is looking for strength of mind and soul; and >>>that will happen as I read the reading of the Mass along with the lector ... and listen to the sermon. NOPE!!!
I have always feared ... (get this now) ... the 23rd Psalm. ***The Lord is my Shepherd***. What's to fear? THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH; HE is our Shepherd; He will steer (herd) us right ... as long as we are willing to follow the TRUTH.
But I always associate it with sympathy cards. When my mom had her thyroids removed ... I was writing to our troops in Vietnam. I went to see her about an hour after learning that one of my favorite guys had been killed. And there on her table beside her bed ... a beautiful get well card ... with ... yep; the 23rd Psalm.
Father Dominic said Mass; and what a homily. (Pay attention, Dean; he could be your big brother ... so take care of your hair. ;-) He said >>>Jesus is the Main Shepherd; Pope next in line (although part of the flock); then Bishops, priests ... on down the line (all part of the flock; but leaders also; even us ... who have no title except laity); we should lead all we meet to the Truth; always evangelizing.<<<
Take heed; my kith and kin; and new readers. 'Much is expected to whom much is given.' I keep saying 'Jesus, I trust in YOU'. When will I start to believe and act upon that; and show some 'gratitude'. DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

No comments: