Thursday, November 8, 2007

A change in my heart; an attitude of gratitude

If I REALLLLY am busy, it used to REALLLLLLY get my damper up ... if anything surprisingly put a stop to that happening; not that I REALLLLLY like working that much; I just like plans to stay as I made them; not change several times, especially by someone else making new plans.
Just over an hour ago, we got home from getting HL an pain shot. That used to REALLLLLLY make me frustrated; if he had not brought it on by doing somethings that he knew he should not be doing. NOW ... if he had been misbehaving (going against doctor's orders) my temper would flare so much inside of me ... that I am surprised that my nose did not glow like Rudolph's.
>>>I was taught by a nice lady ... when I was working for her dad on a weekly newspaper ... not to use certain words toooooo often ... but ... REALLLLLY;<<<
That was the only word that would work here, and get the point across.
Since our son, MJ wrote his book and talked about an 'attitude of gratitude' when praying about problems ... yours or others ... my temper does not get the best of me often. That is probably not what MJ had in mind when writing about it, but sometimes ... a small change in thinking can REALLLLLLY change your whole outlook on life; thus changing your life.
Try it; you will probably find, just like I did, that it only makes for a better way of doing things. Sil vous plait!! Please!!! Just a test. And then report to me. ;-)
Je t'aime and DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

2 comments:

Macile Hooper LeJeune said...

This did not start out to be a praising of our youngest son; but seeing the title, where esle could it go. I so often thank GOD for favors ... but MJ sees it as ... FAITH ... if you thank him while you are asking. I see that now also and am glad he taught it to me. Merci, moi cher garcon.
I have been doing that for a couple of months now; and even though I was not asking for a favor from GOD today; it did not bother me that HL wanted to do something other than sit in the living room, watching TV and peeling pecans. So when he said at lunch 'can you bring me to get a shot in my shoulder?' it was a quiet and calm 'yes' that replied.
I even surprised myself. I ... REALLLLLLY ... wanted to work on the piles of 'stuff' around this room, so DJ and I can visit in here and use this machine without running into 'stuff' and knocking it over.
So much for plans ... and tomorrow will be another day. It will get done ... finished ... soon.
Soooooo, to keep on with the flow of thought (the blog was short to test if I could really do that; nope) so I will put this 'comment' in place ... and you get 2 for the ?? of one; no charge ever. Enjoy and ... try this ... sil vou plait (please) and then report to me in a couple of months. I hope it works as well for all of you as it did for me. Of course, if you do not have a temper in the first place ;-) and ... Have a good rest of this day ... and a restful night.
Bonsoir (good night) ... Je t'aime and DIEU TE BENISSE!!!

Leslie K. said...

I think that we are the type of people who want to be out in the world, spreading the good news...and anything that seems to interfere with that causes frustration. I'm praying with you and for you, my dear sister....